Our Contracts gives apprentices an hourly wage that’s a percentage of the Journeyman rate, and which increases with the apprentice’s experience.
For example, the basic hourly wage rates for apprentice carpenters working on industrial jobs are:
- Year 1 (60% Journeyman rate) – $25.16
- Year 2 (70% Journeyman rate) – $29.35
- Year 3 (80% Journeyman rate) – $33.54
- Year 4 (90% Journeyman rate) – $37.74
On top of these wages, you also receive:
- 10% vacation pay
- 100% employer contributions to pension and benefit plans
- other smaller payments
Once you become a Journeyman, your total pay package on industrial projects is worth $54.87 an hour!
Construction Employee Family Assistance Program (CEFAP)
The Alberta Regional Council of Carpenters recognizes that from time to time people experience personal problems that are too big for them to handle alone.
CEFAP covers counselling, education and self-development services in addition to assessment and referral when required for a full spectrum of issues including but not limited to:
- Addiction: alcohol, drug, food, gambling, sex, smoking
- Aging parents
- Anger management
- Child development
- Communication problems
- Family dynamics
- Grief and bereavement
- Marriage difficulties
- Personal adjustment problems
- Retirement adjustment
- Separation / divorce / custody
- Single parenting
- Special needs of children
For immediate response North America wide:
- English 1-800-663-1142
- French 1-866-398-9505
- Hearing 1-888-384-1152
- International access (call collect) 604-689-1717
Internet services available at homewoodhealth.com.
If you would like help dealing with a drug or alcohol problem, please contact Alberta Health.
For information on what the ACAW Health and Wellness Plan may assist with, contact the trust funds.