Covid-19 FAQ for Members

with No Comments

To our Members.

We recognize Covid-19 has created a number of challenges for our members, their families, the industry sectors we support and truly all Albertans. We are committed to providing relevant and up-to-date information and resources to help you through this time. We encourage you to review these links and access the resources and supports that are applicable to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Business Agent.

The Carpenters International Training Fund has also released a course on Covid-19 Preparedness Qualification in English and French.

Last updated: September 20, 2021

Are the Alberta Carpenters locations open?

  • No. Due to revised Government of Alberta Covid regulations, the Alberta Carpenters locations in Edmonton, Calgary are closed to the public until further notice
  • Please contact the Alberta Carpenters Training Centre for information about classes in progress.

What should I do if I think might have Covid-19?

What should I do if my work status has changed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic?

If I contract Covid-19 on a job site or through work, am I eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits?

How do I pay my union dues?

  • In Edmonton, call 780-471-3200 or 1-800-272-7905. Leave a detailed message including your full name, union ID number and phone number. Your call will be returned within 1-2 business days.
  • In Calgary, call 403-283-0747.
  • In Fort McMurray, call 780-743-1442 or 1-866-739-7017. Members of Local 1325 may also call the Fort McMurray office to pay their dues.

There are jobs on the Dispatch page. Are companies hiring? 

  • Jobs will be posted to “Job Postings” as they become available. Please check the page regularly.
  • There are currently jobs available throughout Northern Alberta. If you qualify for the posting on the job board, please bid.
  • Jobs can be found on the Dispatch page. You are encouraged to bookmark this page.

How are work-safety rules changing during the Covid-19 outbreak?

  • While jobsites are implementing Covid-19 policies, work safety rules and regulations may vary from site to site.
  • Be sure to check in with and review your site’s work safety rules related to social distancing, bus loading and other standing regulations.

What is happening with training and training certificates?

  • First, visit the Alberta Carpenters Training Centre and check for updates on the website.
  • If you have questions, contact the Training Centre by email at or by calling 780-455-6532 or toll free at 1-877-455-6532.
  • Please leave a detailed message regarding your question or concern, including your full name, union ID number and phone number. Your message will be returned within 1-2 business days.

Given the sudden changes, what mental health resources are available? 

  • The Construction Employee Family Assistance Program (CEFAP) provides Counselling, Education and Self Development Services. 
  • Contact CEFAP @ 1-800-663-1142. 
  • The Government of Canada also has information on how to manage your mental health during the outbreak.

What government resources are available?

All orders of government are providing regular updates regarding Covid-19, including the availability of supports and resources.

What other resources are available?

If you have any questions about your work situation or who to call about your health situation, you can:

  • Visit your Council website
  • Call your local union hall.
  • Call your Business Associate.
  • The Canadian District Office.

What is the best thing to do right now? 

  • Remain calm. Follow the health recommendations of elected officials and health professionals, and work safely. 
  • Take care of your family, friends and neighbours. 
  • Seek help when you need it.