To our Members.
We recognize Covid-19 has created a number of challenges for our members, their families, the industry sectors we support and truly all Albertans. We are committed to providing relevant and up-to-date information and resources to help you through this time. We encourage you to review these links and access the resources and supports that are applicable to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Business Associate.
Be sure to visit the Alberta Regional Council website and check the News page for updates.
Last updated: March 24, 2020
What should I do if I am laid off or must quarantine?
- Notify us. We can help with your Record of Employment (if required).
- Apply for Employment Insurance Benefits through Service Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-socialdevelopment/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html) or 1-833-381-2725.
- Register as “Out of Work” on the Alberta Regional Council dispatch website https://membersdispatch.albertacarpenters.com/ManpowerRequests.aspx.
- Contact your Alberta Regional Council Business representative with any questions or concerns.
If I get sick, should a disability claim be started?
- If you are ill or have disability claims, or if you require more information, contact the Alberta Carpenters and Allied Workers Trust Fund Health and Wellness office at 1-800-588-1037 (Option #1).
Given the sudden changes, what mental health resources are available?
- The Construction Employee Family Assistance Program (CEFAP) provides Counselling, Education and Self Development Services.
- Contact CEFAP @ 1-800-663-1142.
- The Government of Canada also has information on how to manage your mental health during the outbreak: https://www.canada.ca/en/government/publicservice/covid-19/covid-19-mental-health-work.html.
There are jobs on the Dispatch page, are companies hiring?
- While contractors are dealing with a lot of uncertainty, some are still looking for workers with the right skillset.
- Positions will be posted to page as they become available. Please check the page regularly.
- If you are a good fit for the posting on the job board, please apply.
- Jobs can be found on the Dispatch page: https://membersdispatch.albertacarpenters.com/ManpowerRequests.aspx.
What government resources are available?
The Government of Canada and Government of Alberta are providing daily updates regarding Covid-19, including the availability of government supports and resources.
- Government of Canada: http://canada.ca/covid19
- Government of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19
- City of Edmonton: https://www.edmonton.ca/covid19
What is the best thing to do right now?
- Remain calm. Follow the health recommendations of elected officials and health professionals and work safely.
- Take care of your family, friends and neighbours.
- Seek help when you need it.