Our team is expanding, and we are looking to add another qualified individual to our Fort McMurray Training Centre staff. We are now actively accepting resumes for the following position:
- Permanent Full Time Carpenter/Scaffolder Instructor
Must be a member in good standing of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters.
- Must be a Ticketed Red-seal Journeyman Carpenter.
- Must be an ACTC Certified Journeyman Scaffolder.
- Have Grade 12 education or equivalency.
- Supervisory and/or teaching experience is an asset.
- Organizational, oral and writing skills are essential.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets, technology is required.
- Must hold a valid passport & be able to travel to the USA.
- UBC DET training programs will be looked at as an asset.
- Must be capable of mentoring and demonstrating skills to apprentices of all levels.
- Must possess leadership qualities and skills that promote the United brotherhood and the ACTC.
- Able to manage classes and students to ensure proper training and development occurs.
- Be conducive to the efforts laid out in our Mission and Vision statement.
- Have a safety conscious that sets a good example to our members and students.
- Be prepared and punctual in all aspects of the position.
- Must be willing to manage and maintain facility.
- Must be willing to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Must be able to complete extensive training at the Edmonton Training Centre, approximately 3-4 months
If you meet the above requirements and feel that you would be a good fit for our team, please submit a resume to the email listed below.
EMAIL your resume to:
ATTN: Kim Letwin, Director of Training & Apprenticeship
RE: Carpenter/Scaffolder Instructor Position Fort McMurray
Closing Date: November 4, 2022