The Alberta Carpenters Training Centre (ACTC) team is expanding, and is looking to add another qualified individual to our Fort McMurray Training Centre staff. The Centre is now actively accepting resumes for the following position:
- Permanent Full Time Carpenter/Scaffolder Instructor
Must be a member in good standing of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters.
- Must be a Ticketed Red-seal Journeyman Carpenter.
- Must be an ACTC Certified Journeyman Scaffolder.
- Have Grade 12 education or equivalency.
- Supervisory and/or teaching experience is an asset.
- Organizational, oral and writing skills are essential.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets, technology is required.
- Must hold a valid passport & be able to travel to the USA.
- UBC DET training programs will be looked at as an asset.
- Must be capable of mentoring and demonstrating skills to apprentices of all levels.
- Must possess leadership qualities and skills that promote the United brotherhood and the ACTC.
- Able to manage classes and students to ensure proper training and development occurs.
- Be conducive to the efforts laid out in our Mission and Vision statement.
- Have a safety conscious that sets a good example to our members and students.
- Be prepared and punctual in all aspects of the position.
- Must be willing to manage and maintain facility.
- Must be willing to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Must be able to complete extensive training at the Edmonton Training Centre, approximately 3-4 months- Estimated Start Date is March 30, 2022
If you meet the above requirements and feel that you would be a good fit for our team, please submit a resume to the email listed below.
EMAIL your resume to:
ATTN: Kim Letwin, Director of Training & Apprenticeship
RE: Carpenter/Scaffolder Instructor Position Fort McMurray
Closing Date: March 18, 2022