What Have Unions Ever Done For Us?
It’s easy to know when a union would improve your experience at work and make your career more meaningful to you and your family.
If you answer ANY of the following questions with “YES”, you need the power of a union to represent you and your workmates with your employers:
- Are you being paid poorly compared with other employers?
- Does your employer underpay you for the overtime you work?
- Does your employer ever NOT pay you for work he or she requires you to do?
- Do you worry about your personal safety at your workplace?
- Do you worry that you will never earn enough to retire on a decent pension?
- Do you worry about the cost of dental bills, eyeglasses and other kinds of health and quality-of-life necessities?
- Do you have access to training so you can improve your career?
- Does your employer mistreat you or any of your fellow co-workers?
- Is harassment (sexual, racial, or otherwise) tolerated at your workplace?
- Does your employer ever threaten you with reduced wages or loss of employment in order to get you to do what he or she wants?
- Does your employer ever threaten you in any way if you complain?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, it might be time to unionize.
The Alberta Regional Council of Carpenters would be proud to be asked by you and your workmates to represent you and defend your interests in dealing with your employer.
Call us at 1.800.272.7905 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org today to change your job into a career and get the respect, dignity, wages and benefits you deserve in the workplace.