Our Contracts gives apprentices an hourly wage that’s a percentage of the Journeyman rate, and which increases with the apprentice’s experience.
For example, the basic hourly wage rates for apprentice carpenters working on industrial jobs are:
- Year 1 (60% Journeyman rate) – $25.16
- Year 2 (70% Journeyman rate) – $29.35
- Year 3 (80% Journeyman rate) – $33.54
- Year 4 (90% Journeyman rate) – $37.74
On top of these wages, you also receive:
- 10% vacation pay
- 100% employer contributions to pension and benefit plans
- other smaller payments
Once you become a Journeyman, your total pay package on industrial projects is worth $54.87 an hour!